Victim Location 77357
Type of a scam Employment
I applied for a job as a Regional Manager. They contacted me and said I would have to complete a training period of one month, and I would be paid $2000 at the end of the month. This training period was to only to involve a couple hours of work each day. That sounded odd. They sent me an agreement I have to sign, but I’m afraid to. They said I could not call them, that I should email them and ask them to call me. That sounded odd. I checked the address of the headquarters in Augusta and located the property manager of the building they are supposedly in and the property manager said he had never heard of that company, Here is an email from them:
Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Timo Otten. I work at
APT Europe company as a Regional Manager.
It is my task to guide you through the on-line processes during your
month long probation period. All materials and instructions will
be submitted via e-mail and I will provide you with feedback and a
score as we proceed.
The probation period is exactly that and you can be assured as the
month continues I will provide all the tips and guidance to help you
succeed. I will endeavor to call some time next week so we can become
accustomed to one another. At other times I am available via email, my
daily working hours are the standard 9:00 – 5:00 PM ET. However, I
ask you to note that telephone contact can only be made by prearranged
appointment. The reason for this is due to the U.S. Division is
currently overloaded with work and therefore it is difficult to
respond to all calls.
For your reference to the Probation please find listed below the
main aspects of the program:
– Probation period will last one month (30 days);
– Probation salary will be paid at the completion of the month;
– There will be no charge to yourself for guides, materials or
– Probation will be home based;
– Probation will require 2-3 hours a day of your time with flexible
– There is no requirement to resign your current position in order
to start the probation period as successful candidates will only be
offered a position;
– Successful completion of the Probation guarantees you full-time
Regarding the attachment, please carefully review the agreement as
it covers the one month of paid on-line probation. It is a
requirement to sign the last page of the document prior to
commencement of the Probationary period.
Successful completion of the Probation will result in the offer of
full time employment. Please, be aware that during this period all
reporting will be through the GA office and will be processed
remotely. The proposed office in your local area will be opening soon.
Start date: 1/5/17
City/State: Houston, TX (telecommute)
Address: 363 N Sam Houston Parkway E
Office capacity: 60 employees
1. Review the Employment Agreement and ensure your details are
correct, should this not be the case do not hesitate to ask for a
2. The final page of the document requires signing, therefore this the
only page that will need to be printed. Sign, scan (or a picture) and
email as an attachment to my email address. Faxed copies will not be
accepted due to issues of clarity. Signed documents will not be
accepted through the postal service due to the volume of mail received
on a daily basis.
3. Upon receipt of the signed document we proceed to the next step in
1. It is usual that 2 groups per week are launched, Wednesday and
2. At the moment we have an opening with a group starting on
3. If this date is suitable, please confirm along with your signed
document, if not then an alternative date will be proposed.
Do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions.
Mr. Timo G. Otten
APT Europe, Augusta, GA Division
Office – (762) 208-4480
Cell – (762) 218-2464